Wat Nong Pah Pong is a forest monastery established in 1954 by Ajahn Chah Subhaddo, a Thai monk well known in the West. The temple has many branch monasteries, including Wat Pah Nanachat in Ubon and other international temples overseas.
Behind the entrance gate is a museum containing a variety of objects related to Ajahn Chah, including his ceremonial coffin. The monastery is located well behind the museum in a wooded area. Four hundred meters to the right and behind the museum is the unusual golden chedi enshrining the monk's relics. The interior of the chedi is simply decorated in gold and black.
Take the southbound No. 3 song-taew to the end of the route (10 baht). It turns right from the highway and stops beside a temple. From there it is a 25-minute walk to Wat Nong Pah Pong. See the location on Google Maps.
Updated: March 11, 2013.