The temple was built in 1814.
Visitors to Wat Bang Khae Yai are greeted by a Sukhothai-style walking Buddha image. The ordination hall and three small chedis are surrounded by a cloister lines with various other Buddha statues. Since the temple is on a popular merit-making route, a monk is available to give blessings.
The temple can be seen on the regular 5-temple boat tours from Amphawa.
Updated: April 20, 2012.